Google My Business has a puzzling past, can be puzzling to set up. Sometimes the whole point seems puzzling which if you take it too far can leave you feeling puzzled about your life choices. But YEAH YEAH is here to help you spread it all out on the table and get the edges done until the dog eats a few of the pieces.
- Make sure you have a standard Google Account for your business.
- Go to accounts.google.com/signin.
- Click “Create account.”
- You’ll see a drop-down with two options. Choose “To manage my business.”
- Keep going, you’re doing great.
- Make sure you have a Business Profile.
- Create a Google My Business account.
- Make sure you are logged into the standard Google Account for your business (and not the standard Google Account for your personal life).
- Go to google.com/business.
- Select “Manage now.”
- Request to claim your Business Profile.
- Go to Google.com/maps.
- Type in your business name.
- Click on your Business Profile, which will expand.
- You’ll then see an option to “Claim this business.”
- Verify ownership of your business.
LOOK, this is a lot. We don’t want you to feel overwhelmed!
Go take a break if you need one.
(Afterward you can go here to get additional details for these steps if you need them.)
But if you don’t have time for a quick break, sometimes knowing the WHY can help you power through.
TOP THREE REASONS YOU SHOULD TAKE THE TIME TO PUT ALL YOUR GOOGLE MY BUSINESS PIECES TOGETHER:
1. Having a Google My Business presence allows your business to appear in Maps and Google Pack Searches.
Next week we will be covering optimizing your GMB account, but just know that this is why…
You want your business show up in Google searches up top and looking FINE. This trio of results is called the Google Pack… so tune in next week for some hints on how to get there. But you can’t start without doing the set up work first. So hop to!
2. Reviews! Reviews! More reviews!
Your business is AMAZING and you want to give your customers the chance to tell everyone! About 97% of people report being influenced by online reviews. 75% report feeling trust in a business after reading positive reviews. (Check more stats here.)
3. It’s free!
Google My Business is a necessary tool for your business in the internet age and you can’t beat the price.
If you have a bffb (best friend forever business) that you think might benefit from this information, please consider forwarding our newsletter! We would consider you a bffb forever. A real bffbf.